Less than 30 minutes from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport and just 10 minutes from the commercial district in the heart of Jakarta you will find the luxurious Gran Melia Hotel. This five star hotel specializes in dramatic and grand architecture mixed with warm and personal service.
At the Gran Melia Hotel it is all about the guest. They can choose to relax by the poolside bar or in the Irish pub. If they want a finer experience they can dine on Chinese, Japanese, and Mediterranean cuisine. In addition to the Gran Melia Hotel being a great place to stay with luxury, style, and service they are also big at helping out in their community through a wide range of activities including blood donations and helping flood victims. Reserve a room.
Gran Melia Hotel is at Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said, Kuningan in South Jakarta.
It might look a little unusual on the outside, but Gran Melia is now one of my favourite Jakartan hotels.
Some of the things I particularly appreciated were:
- A much faster check-in process than some of its peers/competitors.
- An amazing lobby with fountains, lounges and a children’s play area.
- The normal deluxe/standard room had a HUGE widescreen TV.
- Many choices of hot food and fruit juices (one each for different needs: diuretic, dietetic and even constipation!) in the included buffet breakfast.
- Friendly and helpful staff who were happy to help beyond their normal duties.
If you can get a special deal like I did, this hotel is also very good value for money.
The only disappointment was a lack of heat and pressure in the hot water taps in the bathroom.
This hotel is in Kuningan on Jl Rasuna Said, near several embassies, head offices and the main East/West toll road. It is recommended for families, diplomats and people who need to drive out of town early.
Copyright Indonesia Matters 2006-13